Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Derailment... ha!

That derailed. Ha! What happened? Well, I'm now without regular acupuncture treatments and my fatigue and pain is becoming more difficult to manage. My husband took me on a few trips in North Carolina while he was at conferences. I have to do more chores in this house, spending an hour a day washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen. My allergies have been kicking my butt. I'm exhausted. I get about 4 hours of usable energy each day, and I feel like my days have only been 4 hours long because I have too much to do. And I haven't even found a job here yet! 

I've been thinking of ways to refine my plan for advertising products I use to manage my illnesses (and just live a healthy life in general.) I wanted to do a big social media campaign along with this blog, but I think it's overwhelming me. So I'll do one step at a time instead of doing all the work all at once. 

One problem I'm having, which was actually a surprise to me, is that Raynaud's is really affecting me. My fingers and toes are going numb for a little while almost every day. It makes it difficult to use the computer or phone. I feel like hot baths are not hot enough to help, and a heating pad on my hands or feet only helps while it's on them. I think my regular acupuncture and chiropractic therapies in North Dakota were keeping this problem at bay. I'm struggling to do that here in South Carolina, because the nearest acupuncture clinic is 30 minutes away and I'm not always capable of driving that far. Especially not regularly. I found a chiropractor in the tiny town I live in, but she's not traditional. I like the results I get from her, but she doesn't actually do physical manipulations. Her method feels good, but I'm still assessing it. 

Also... can I just say that life is stressful? Wow. I think I need to find some purpose before I collapse under the weight of looking for the point of living like this. I'm not afraid of hard work to live. I would be very happy managing a small farm to support myself and barter as needed. I'd be happy being self-sustaining. I'm afraid of working hard and not benefiting from it. Working a mind-numbing job that I don't agree with for $10/hr, just to pay inflated rent? I wasn't built to mentally survive those types of conditions. I'm built to make the world a better place for a wage that can sustain me. I'm too old to go back to minimum-wage high school level jobs. So I've been considering getting a degree or certification so I can qualify to work at home in a decent job. The problem is that I'm already in too much debt to take out more. I'm also genuinely unsure if I can handle it with my health like this. And I need money now, not later. It's certainly a conundrum...  

Anyway, I want to try this project. Even if I can't make much money, I want to be a source of information for people. Educating gives me purpose. So I'm going to simplify my approach... here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment