Monday, June 15, 2015

MCS Memes

My goal was to sit down and write a post. I have plenty to write about.

Then I sat down, turned on my computer, and crashed. Now my brain feels numb and my body feels heavy. I don't really feel like doing anything. And this feeling has been becoming more and more regular in the last month.

So instead, I'm going to leave you with this (it's on Facebook, but it's public):

https://www.facebook.com/laurajmac/media_set?set=a.10153330506660883&type=3

These are memes with quotes from people diagnosed with MCS. Each person quoted finished the sentence "For me, MCS mean______."







Thankfully, I'm not as reactive as many of these people are. In fact, I've been improving since starting my doctor's homeopathic remedy and his candida cleanse. Just today I went to the salon for a haircut. Someone just had a perm, so the air was very thick with horrible sticky chemically residue. I couldn't wait in the waiting area, as I got immediate heart palpitations and stomach pain from being in there. When I went back with my stylist, I had to walk through that area, holding my breath. I was expecting I'd be really sick for the rest of the day after that. Her area of the salon is right next to a window and is far away from everyone else, so I had much better air during my cut. And you know what? I was okay. Not great, but I was okay. My heart palpitated,  my head ached mildly, my lungs felt worn out and weak, and my stomach hurt. But I survived. Granted, I did take extra glutathione and NAC before going in. But I survived. Yes, I'm definitely getting better. This is closer to how I was with chemicals before my big breakdown. I never liked them and they always bothered me to some degree, but it wasn't debilitating.

Now that I'm home and took more glutathione and NAC, I'm okay. I'm just down to heavy fatigue, brain fog, and muscle pain now. If I were in that situation 2 months ago, I'd be much much much sicker!

What I should do is get in my Far Infrared Sauna to detox from the salon (it helps a ton!!), but I think I'm honestly too worn out to survive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment