Friday, April 5, 2024

Kindness Cultivates Kindness

I came here to write a poem about people who think it's dangerous to be kind. 

But I have a problem as I type. If I straighten my fingers to hit a key, especially my pinkies, I'm not able to bend them back on their own. I have to use my other hand to bend my fingers again. I have to keep my fingers very curled over the keyboard to type. I feel cold and stiff. I should probably go take a hot shower. 

I'm back. I'll try this again. Stream of consciousness. No editing. 

Near Devil's Tower, WY


Kind people cultivate kind people
Cruel people craft the blueprints to make more cruel people
Jealous people don't trust kind people
and innocent people are claimed by cruel people.

The jealous will inherit the earth
They push away those who could tear down their defenses
They fight against everyone else on their paths to success
Not a single soul can slow them down
They conquer the mountains, claim the lands, rule the seas
No one can be near them to advise them
They are married to their defenses
Expecting love from all without giving any in return
But they will die in a coffin of their own making
No one could approach them
Not even a child could break through to them
And the earth will be free from their reign 
Ready for the next jealous person to conquer again. 
Not a thing will change, and none of the jealous will be remembered.

The innocent will rise to every occasion
They do what is needed to make the world spin around
Consuming kindness and cruelty both
Holding the hands of them all to lift them to their feet
Always believing in their work to keep the world in motion
Trusting in the balance of creation
Willing to die for keeping and spreading peace to all who will listen. 

But it's the cruel people who believe they are the kind people
Weeding out those who don't serve the mission
Training the hand of those who don't know better
Always thinking their ideals of dominance are the best for all
So lost in their perspective they can't use their vision
Afraid because they know no other way

And yet despite this war
it's the kind people who find justice
They take the blows and carry the burdens
Enduring the lies
suffering the cruelty
Kind people always find hope
They build their utopia for all who want it
where all will be forgiven if they too learn to be kind
The jealous can't understand the trust required to be kind
The innocent prefer to be ruled rather than grow into kind people
The cruel fear what they cannot control and organize
and in the end
only the kind people fulfil the mission of what it means to be human. 

No comments:

Post a Comment