Sunday, July 9, 2017

Blood Pressure During Reactions

I get blood pressure problems in waves. I go a few weeks where it's good enough, then I go for a few weeks when it's problematic. Often it's just too low. 90/55 with a resting heart rate of 85 is pretty common for me. I always have a high heart rate. I have not seen it below 72 in the 2 years I've owned my blood pressure machine.

But a problem I'm seeing after exposure, in which I'm reacting, is that my systolic goes up while my diastolic goes down. Today I was downstairs, where a family member lives (so I don't spend much time there), helping my husband do some house repair. I spent some time vacuuming cobwebs and dust too. Fatigue and weakness increased quickly, but it took an hour or so before I got histamine issues. I used my neti pot and black gunk came out of my nose. I couldn't stop coughing for a while. Then came the vertigo and gut pain in the evening. I was so fatigued I couldn't follow what was happening in the TV show we were watching. I took my blood pressure at that point. Earlier in the day it was 93/58 then 98/60 (I took solid licorice extract). This last reading was 108/53. I see this happening whenever I'm reacting. Systolic goes up, diastolic goes down.

Apparently when this happens the body find a way to compensate. It restricts blood vessels and focuses blood on the brain. Apparently people can go years without being aware of blood pressure problems that are causing heart strain because of the body's ways of compensating. But what happens when those compensations fail? Heart failure. The heart can't keep up anymore. What happens when a person like me doesn't have a body that restricts blood flow by narrowing blood vessels? I get super fatigued and dizzy and have to lay down for however long it takes to improve.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700185266/Low-diastolic-high-systolic-blood-pressure-a-dangerous-combination.html

In all my research I can't find anything that will raise blood pressure at nighttime without raising cortisol too. Licorice raises cortisol. My nighttime cortisol is high, making it hard to sleep.

So tonight I'm laying here feeling a bit naceous and wondering what the gut cramping is trying to tell me, also feeling too fatigued to sleep. Fatigue and tiredness are not the same thing. I wish I felt more tired.

Tomorrow is another day, a day when my doctor will be in his clinic and I can talk to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment