Sunday, December 6, 2015

New Lab Tests

What a week. Something suddenly went wrong in my body. Fibromyaliga flares (whatever the root cause, true fibro or not, I'm getting pain,) nerve pain in my feet in the morning, but worst of all: I've felt anemic! I went to the clinic to have a few labs drawn on Friday at closing time, so I have my results, but no doctor has contacted me yet. I do not appear to be iron anemic based on the labs and blood color, but there's something called Macrocytic anemia that could be concluded from my labs. Sanford's normal range (who I went through) is a little different from the other normal ranges I've seen for this CBC (complete blood count), so another company would say a few of my results are even further outside the normal range:



The nurse told me my red blood cells are too large, which is essentially macrocytic anemia. This can be caused by B12 and Folate deficiency. This makes sense in my case, but I don't have labs to show if I truly am low or not. However, I'm told that B6 toxicity is another sign that B12 is too low, and when B12 is low, folate is too low. Because I have not yet spoken to my doctor about my results (weekend), I'm not going to state anything as fact at this point.

My symptoms are:
-Dizzy all the time
-Hard time catching my breath
-Rapid heart rate after eating or getting up and moving around a little bit
-Poor circulation, whites in hands and feet
-Fibromyalgia pain in my feet, shins, elbows, upper neck
-Stabbing stomach pains after eating (but not always)
-Extreme fatigue during day, hard time falling asleep at night
-Poor mental clarity
-Weakness
-Eye pain (usually associated with low blood pressure for me, but I didn't get that measured.)
-Either a fever or low body temp
-Chest pressure (feels tight and gritty)

These were strong enough symptoms that I felt unable to drive, and called in sick to work the past two days. I feel bad about that, but I don't want to be fainting on the job or while driving either.

Since finding out I have vitamin b6 toxicity, I quit the B-Complex I was on and started taking a MTHFR friendly Multi Vitamin and Methyl B12 (predicting that I have MTHFR, which, weirdly, I do not.) However, from what I'm reading, food and supplements are not necessarily enough to get B12 levels up. I have felt like I've been growing weaker since quitting the B-Complex, but that also happened at the same time as winter starting, and winter tends to have a profound effect on me.

I'm also being encouraged to go on an elimination diet for salicylates. The idea of even bothering to do this is stressing me out, but it's bothering me because I agree it's a possibility that I have a salicylate sensitivity. Almonds, broccoli, and caffeine, which are all very high in salicylates, have been bothering me for close to a year. Broccoli and caffeine products (other than tea) are very high in sulfur, though, and I know I have a sulfur sensitivity. If I were to try going on a low salicylate diet I'd be down to eating very very few foods. I'm not sure I can eliminate that much food. I'm already avoiding all grains, starches, nightshades, dairy, sulfur rich foods, and sugar (including fruit.) Avoiding salicylates would cut this limited diet in half. The problem is, salicylate sensitivity symptoms are very similar to what I have been feeling like. That said, I don't like to internet diagnose myself!

At the very least, I want the dizziness to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment