Monday, August 11, 2014

Introduction

Nice to meet you! Please, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Sarah, and I am finally well enough to write this blog! About a year ago I broke down, and was bed-ridden from complete fatigue and pain. I couldn't find the strength to go to work, so I quit my job. What's worse is that I didn't have the emotional energy to feel sad about it. I had no control over my life anymore, and I didn't care. While I can't say I'm miraculously healed, I can say that that my hard work on taking back control of my life has paid off. I have a ways to go, but fatigue and pain can no longer stop me!

I am not a health care professional. I am not a scientist. I do not take patients, nor do I conduct studies. What I am is an experienced lay women who has learned a substantial amount about health, wellness, and healing through my own experimentation and with professional help. This blog is meant to help me record what I've learned in the past and what I'm currently learning, in hopes that others who suffer can benefit from my experience.

I have been officially diagnosed with: Pulmonary Stenosis (heart murmur,) food and environmental allergies, Eczema, Arthritis (type not determined,) Wrist Fracture, Hypoglycemia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and Fibromyalgia.

Doctors need another test or two to diagnose me with, but have strong suspicions of: Endometreosis or Cystic Fibroid, Depression, and Anxiety.

I have also had acute issues, leading to diagnosis of: Abscess (golf-ball size,) Ganglion Cysts, and De Quervain's.

Based on my experiences with both western medicine and alternative healing, I am a strong advocate of alternative healing. I have found Tradition Chinese Medicine, nutrition, and other holistic approaches to be exceptionally helpful, especially where I've had no luck with western medicine.

Stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment